Best Free Internet Marketing Tools
The “new marketing” or “Internet Marketing” buzz seems to hum a little louder with each passing day. You don’t have to look to hard to see some powerful case studies of extreme success built with low budget internet marketing campaigns. This seems to be the most powerful aspect of internet marketing, extreme exposure for extremely low costs.
To fully take advantage of the internet marketing opportunities you need the correct tools, after all how do you manage an email marketing campaign with just a copy of outlook express? That’s right… you don’t. To keep costs down there are some great open source internet marketing tools available if you know where to look.
E-mail marketing is an extremely powerful way to keep in contact with clients, prospective clients, and industry colleges. Many e-mail marketing packages are expensive (charging monthly, or per the amount of emails sent out) or lack any quality features.
- OpeneMM – Fully functional e-mail marketing pacakge
- PHPList – Newsletter
- WebInsta – Mailing List Software
Search Engine Marketing
Pay Per Click
- Adwords Editor – Campaign management desktop software
- Traffic Estimator – Keyword Research
- Keyword Selector Tool – Keyword Research
Organic Ranking Tools
- SEO Digger (Find out what keywords your site ranks for)
- Google WebMaster Central (Ranking, Spidering, and Click through data)
- WebSiteGrader (Common elements to look for in optimizing a site for natural search)
- Link Research Tool
- Backlink Finder – Find backlinks from competitors website
- SEODirectory Wiki – List of lots of free links
Tracking your website
A clear picture of how your website is measuring up in your internet marketing efforts is an invaluable asset. With current internet marketing techniques there are several areas and methods to do so.
- Google Analytics – Standard Tracking / Conversions / etc
- 103Beez – Search Engine Optimization / Ranking Tracking
- FeedBurner – RSS Tracking
- Feed Blitz – Email Tracking
Podcasting is big, very big. Despite the power of podcasting now, it is only going to gain more steam, listeners, and power. Now is the time to hop onto the bandwagon… and guess what? There are tools that can help you.
- Odeo – Record, Host and Publish your podcast for free
- GCast – Record, Host and Publish
- Wild Voice – Record, edit, and convert your podcast into a finished show
- Audacity – Record, Edit, and Convert your podcast to MP3
- WordPress + Podpress – Post & Publish your Podcast
The power of social media is huge, yet so many people have yet to explore it or try and take advantage of it. These tools will make your marketing efforts easier.
King of Apps
- MoodBlast – Publish to tons of social media outlets including YouTube, Twitter, Blog, Facebook, Flickr, etc
- Uploading Tools
- Upload via e-mail
- Turn Blog into a “MoBlog”
- FlickR River – View photos as an endless river
- GratePic – post, comment and rate photos on flickr
- Statr – Track statistics for FlickR
- FireFox plugin
- Save Buttons for website integration
- Feedburner and Delicious top saved pages applet
- AutoBlogger, drop delicious bookmarks into a blog