Senior WordPress Developer
Join our passionate team of WordPress enthusiasts and help us build rich and compelling experiences.
We love the craft of website design and development and are focused on creating some of the best websites on the internet.
Join an agency focused on doing great, fullfilling work, in a balanced and friendly atmosphere
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you can collaborate with an amazing team?
Are you passionate about amazing user experiences?
Do you love the challenge of building sophisticated functionality?
Are you thoughtful in how you approach development, love clean and semantic HTML/CSS, and build websites “the WordPress way?”
Want to work somewhere that respects work/life balance?
If you answered yes…
Join 3.7 Designs
We’re a growing agency that’s been in operation for 16 years—12 of which have been spent designing and building WordPress websites and premium WordPress products.
We’re looking for a Senior WordPress Developer who loves user experience, thoughtful solutions, and WordPress as much as we do.
This fully remote full-time position includes flexible work time and a focus on balancing amazing work and personal life.
The ideal candidate would share our core values and have the following characteristics:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent digital, written, and verbal communication
- Self motivation and top-notch time management skills
- A love for learning, improvement, and mentoring
- Easy going
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to figure out complex problems and come up with an ideal approach to building new features
- Ability to creatively and efficiently solve code and propose solutions for business problems
- Loves clean, beautiful code
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Converting design concepts into responsive WordPress websites
- Building custom, full-featured WordPress themes and functionality from scratch and by using actions, filters, ajax, custom queries, custom post types, taxonomies, etc…
- Configuring, customizing, and building WordPress plugins
- Supporting best practices for hosting WordPress sites
- Deploying websites
- Mentoring and advising other developers and team members
- Communicating with clients and internal team members
- Updating and modifying legacy, adopted, and third-party software to support clients
- Expert at hand-coding custom themes based on design mockups
- Expert knowledge of writing custom PHP to support advanced WordPress functionality and integrations
- Ability to setup and work from local and remote development environments
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, proactive attitude toward problem solving
- 4+ years of building custom WordPress themes and/or plugins
- Experience working with one or more of the following: WooCommerce, LearnDash, Easy Digital Downloads, WordPress Multisite
- Experience supporting websites hosted on managed hosting services and making recommendations for WordPress hosting
- Experience with best practices and pitfalls of WordPress security
- Flexible hours and schedule
- 100% remote work
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- 10 days paid vacation
- 13 paid holidays
- Healthcare stipend
- Education stipend
- Family atmosphere
- Focused on personal development
- A team you want to wake up and work with everyday
Job Type: Full-time, salaried
Required experience: 4+ years